DamienLovecraft

theguywhoreads

When I pick a book up, I am travelling to a distant place and some times I become one of the characters in a book. My love for stories are the ones that begin and end where fiction is more honest than reality.

Naked at Lunch: The Adventures of a Reluctant Nudist
Mark Haskell Smith
Progress: 170/310 pages

Lord of the Flies Meets The Dome

— feeling excited
Gone - Michael Grant

Imagine this - A TV Series in the making of a book series. Yes, Michael Grant's Gone is very similar to any television series you watched today (Lost, Heroes - you get the idea) except its in written format. The reading is quite fast paced with the beginning of the disappearance of adults and anyone at the age of 15 and over. Then comes the powers and the mutation and the epic battle between good and evil. The reluctant hero, the villain you will hate, the love interest, the cowardly friend and the gathering of normals and freaks. Yes, this is how this series began for Gone... and it has a promising start. I was drawn by its cover and its blurb and after reading it (about 550 over pages), I felt like I just complete watching a season of The Walking Dead, without the zombies.

I can't say much about the character development as there is much to explore and to fill in but its easy to spot who is who with so many other characters involve. There is potential, for sure to understand what is going on and how it happened and who is the mysterious 'Darkness' that delves deep into the mine's of a mountain, why is there a barrier over Perdido Beach and why nobody can get out of it. Well, like I said - its very television series material. I have no idea why but I enjoy it so far... at least it beats last night's The Walking Dead Season 7 Episode 1 (damn you Negan!!!). If you haven't pick up Gone or have not even heard of it but you love television series that will give you a good entertainment value, pick up Gone. I will pick up the rest of the books (a total of 6 in the series) to find out the fate of the kids.