DamienLovecraft

theguywhoreads

When I pick a book up, I am travelling to a distant place and some times I become one of the characters in a book. My love for stories are the ones that begin and end where fiction is more honest than reality.

The Thief (Queen's Thief)
Megan Whalen Turner
Progress: 80/320 pages
Britt-Marie Was Here: A Novel
Fredrik Backman
Progress: 248/336 pages

A New Friend Could Be Seating Right Next To You

Save Me a Seat - Gita Varadarajan, Sarah Weeks

Writing can change the world

There is so much we can learn from this middle grade book. Save Me a Seat is written in view of two protagonist of two different cultures - Ravi and Joe. Ravi is from India migrated to America when his family moved over here to start fresh in the land of opportunity. Joe is a boy with a condition that wants to be left alone. Both of them have one thing in common - they were bullied by a student in their class. What happens in the end... well, you have to read this book.

Both views are read from an Asian perspective and western perspective itself. What I love about this book is that is so much any children can learn the morale values in it. There are so many nice quotes included as well that we can learn from, which I won't reveal here as it will spoil the story. As the story unfolds in five days, I love the simplicity and the beauty of the plot. Its so simple and yet an endearing read.

Gita Varadarajan and Sarah Weeks done so well with this book, this should be read in all school libraries. If you have kids around middle grade age, please let them read this book. Its suitable and it teaches children the importance of learning and guidance and surviving in school. But what is more important, its how it is delivered. As a teacher myself, I would recommend this to students to read.