DamienLovecraft

theguywhoreads

When I pick a book up, I am travelling to a distant place and some times I become one of the characters in a book. My love for stories are the ones that begin and end where fiction is more honest than reality.

Our Dark Duet
Coleman Barks, Rumi
Progress: 53/206 pages

A Despicable and Yet Fun Read Graphic Violent Comic Tradepaperback

Body Bags Volume 1: Fathers Day - Jason Pearson

The 90s was an experimental comic scene. It was bold, brave and daring even. When Dark Horse Comics under the imprint Blanc Noir release Body Bags, written and illustrated by Jason Pearson, I had no idea what to expect but filled with graphic violence, a simple yet action-packed sequences and probably one of the most despicable immoral tale of revenge involving a minor. The thing about this comic is... its an enjoyable good read.

Clownface had enough when a body bagger almost killed him and his partner and he is looking for revenge. When his daughter arrived on his doorstep after ten years apart, nothing gets worst than having his daughter wanted to be a body bagger in the action. With guys and knives are in the line of crossfire, Terminus City is about to get blown off.

I love Body Bags. Its simple, its fast and its the kind of action I enjoy most. With an edgy artwork to boot, every thing about Body Bags is worth a read. Although some may not agree due to the content graphic violence that spells despicable, I do find it honest on how its told and there is so much more to it than just action. While I do love the 80s scene, this comic is just right for my liking.